Farningham Parish Council appoints new Clerk
29th November 2020
As you may already know our Clerk Jane Grey retires on 30th November after many years' service to the community. We send Jane all our very best wishes for her retirement.
We are delighted to say that her replacement Amanda Barlow joined us last week and will take over fully from Jane on 1st December.
Amanda is an experienced Parish Council Clerk and has achieved the Certificate in Local Council Administration (CiLCA) qualification. She will work for us on a part-time basis and continue working for another Parish as Clerk.
For many of you, your knowledge of the Clerk's role will be based around local issues and queries that you have corresponded with, or spoken to, Jane about but the role of Clerk is wider than. The Clerk acts as the Proper Officer of the Council and as such is under a statutory duty to carry out all the functions, and in particular to serve or issue all the notifications required by law.
Key aspects include:
- Ensuring that the Council's instructions are carried out
- Providing advice and guidance to the council to assist in decision making
- Being the Responsible Financial Officer of the Council managing financial records, and administering its finances
- Preparation of Agendas and meeting packs, and minute taking
Amanda can be contracted:
- on the existing clerk's email address : email@example.com
- or by phone on 07375 062 428
In addition there is a wealth of local information on our website including an Frequently Asked Questions page.