Village Hall & Market Meadow
Farningham Village Hall, in the heart of the village
Farningham Village Hall is situated in the heart of Farningham, alongside Market Meadow.
There is a large, bright Main Hall with a stage, two smaller side rooms and a large kitchen which, along with the rest of the Hall was refurbished during
2019/20 and WIFI has recently been installed through out.
The Hall is used by many local Groups for regular weekly or monthly activities but also provides ideal facilities for parties, weddings, celebrations and events. Individual rooms or the whole building are available for hire, with or without Market Meadow.
The first recorded use of the Meadow dates back to 1270 when Ralph de Fremingham was granted the right to hold a weekly market and an annual fair. The 14ft thick walls of his castle were discovered at Market Meadow in 1972. The market and fair thrived for many centuries, providing work for the local inhabitants. Market Meadow now plays host to the annual Village Fete.
Whilst the Village Hall is owned by the Parish Council, both the Hall and Market Meadow are managed by a group of volunteers organised as a Registered Charity. The Village Hall's own Website provides full details of the facilities, costs, upcoming events and how to book.
The freshly refurbished Main Hall, the perfect venue for socially distanced meetings!
Farningham Village Fete on Market Meadow