Frequently Asked Questions

When is the next Farningham Parish Council Meeting?

Meeting dates together with Agenda and Minutes of Meetings are posted on this Website.

How do I apply for Planning Permission?

Planning Applications within the Parish are determined by Sevenoaks District Council (SDC) and not by Farningham Parish Council (FPC). Nevertheless FPC is consulted on Planning Applications within the Parish by SDC, and our views are taken into account in determining  the outcome. Details of how to apply for Planning Permission together with very useful pre-application information can be found on SDC's Website.

FPC consider new Planning Applications within the Parish at their regular monthly Council Meetings and a list of applications to be reviewed is attached to the Meeting Agendas

How can I find out if there are any special planning issues that may effect my property?

Sevenoaks District Council have an interactive map to identify issues such as the Farningham Conservation Area, Tree Preservation Orders and the like.

How can I view a Planning File on-line?

Planning files can be viewed on the Sevenoaks District Council website. There are various search parameters, but if searching by Reference Number omit the 'SE' when inputting the Reference Number.

How do I find out what day my refuse or garden waste will be collected?

You can search by street name on the Sevenoaks District Council Website.

How can I obtain a wheelie bin to recycle my garden waste?

You can obtain a wheelie bin by contacting Sevenoaks District Council. The current cost for the bi-weekly collection service is £47.00 per annum.

Where is the nearest Recycling Centre for household waste?

Swanley Household Waste Recycling Centre by the A20/M25 interchange is the closest centre to us, During the current Covid-19 emergency it will be necessary to book a slot before going to the centre. Full directions together details of how to book can be found on Kent County Council's Website.

How can I obtain additional sacks for re-cycling or garden waste?

Farningham Parish Council does not have an Office so we have an arrangement with Eynsford Parish Council (EPC) for our parishioners to purchase sacks from the EPC Office in Priory Lane, Eynsford.

Where are the nearest Defibrillators?

There are four Defibrillators in and around the Village, at the Village Hall, the Farningham Cricket PavilionBS Motors and  Swanley Household Recycling Centre.

How do I report a damaged or broken street light?

Please contact the Clerk as soon as possible.

How do I report an unauthorised encampment?

Please contact the Clerk as soon as possible. Please be mindful of your safety and don't approach anyone that you suspect of acting unlawfully or otherwise.

How can I book the Village Hall or Market Meadow for an event?

Farningham Parish Council do not own or run the Village Hall or Market Meadow, please contact the Village Hall directly.

How do I report an issue with a Public Right of Way?

You can report an issue to Kent County Council or by using the free Country Eye App.

How do I report Fly Tipping?

Fly Tipping can be reported to Sevenoaks District Council or by using the free Country Eye App.

How do I report an issue with noise or other nuisances?

These types of issue can be reported to Sevenoaks District Council or by using the free Noise App.

How do I report an abandoned car?

Abandoned cars should be reported either by e-mailing Sevenoaks District Council or by calling 101.


Maplescombe Valley from the direction of Bower Farm