Parking Farningham High Street - Informal Consultation
6th October 2023
Have your say – Installation of Double Yellow Lines, Farningham High Street
Following concerns being raised by residents, Farningham Parish Council and Kent County Council’s Highway Improvements Team have been reviewing on-street parking provision along the High Street outside of Market Meadow. At least one bus has been unable to cross the bridge because of parking of both sides of the road and access to Market Meadow is regularly compromised. The Highway's Team have ascertained a small area where extending parking restrictions will improve traffic flow through the village, as well as facilitating access and turning into Market Meadow.
This is an informal consultation to canvas local opinion. If there is no clear consensus, or a strong view that parking restrictions should not be extended, then these proposals will be abandoned. Either way, the outcome of the informal consultation will be discussed in detail by Farningham Parish Council.
We are proposing to extend the double yellow lines on the section of the following road. Please use in conjunction with the map below:
- High Street, South of the River Darent, Northeast side, from where the current double yellow lines end to just beyond the post box, approximately 21 meters.
- High Street, South of the River Darent, Southwest side, from where the current double yellow lines end at The Manor House to cover the full entrance, approximately 2 meters.
Please answer the questions below and email your responses to:
or post them to:
Farningham Parish Council,
PO Box 543,
The deadline to receive responses is Friday 3rd November 2023.
1. Do you agree with the proposals to decrease on street parking as shown on the attached plan(s)? Yes/No
1a. If “No” please provide comments.
2. Is there a particular road where you feel that parking should be decreased? Yes/No
2a. If “Yes” please specify which road, and why
3. Where do you currently live? (please provide road name and postcode)
4. Any other comments?